Saturday, July 14, 2007

Gerald paragliding: set 2

I confess to a bit of selective level adjustment of Gerald's face in the bottom pic, above; I accidentally left the flash on and nearly burned his face completely off

It wasn't a much better day for my friend with the long lens on the hill. She took some of these pics while I was setting up then came back and took the rest when I was ready to launch; somewhere in between she set her camera to ISO 800 for some reason and forgot to reset it resulting in overexposure beyond my pathetic powers of photoshoppery.

Unfortunately I had Gerald tucked inside my harness for launch so in a few shots of me on the ground only his feet are visible (you don't want 3lb of cast iron swinging around your knees when you're trying to launch paraglider into strong, gusty wind.

Here we are checking the lines :
...

Getting ready to go ...
...
(Is that a 3lb cast iron gnome in your pants or are you just pleased to see me? )





And we're off...
...


When it was all over Gerald said he wants to try it on his own next time.
...

No comments: